Tuesday, September 9, 2014

A Childhood game, a claim to property, a missing verse, and a plea for freedom (SONNETS)

19.
Somehow you’ve found me in this dark room
clear across the dimness and dust and dirt
you’ve located my beating heart in the shades of black
And now I seek and challenge you back
Marco……((silence)))
Polo…..victory
Here in the cave so crimson and bright
You hear my voice though you can’t see my eyes
I am a vision in your memory
a distant, diamond of destiny
But did you think you’d get all of me?
Alas you’ve lost your chance
Alas we’re done this dance
Finally you’re gone

20.
Her heart was an expletive
By expletive we mean naked
By naked we mean thin lace boy shorts
Arms across her chest and nothing more
Her body was chaste
By chaste we mean untouched
by untouched we mean never loved
unrequited and nothing more
And here you ask your questions
Debate exactly what I could mean
Is her heart truly naked?
Is her body really unclean?
I will never betray her and her secret lost so deep
For her heart is her heart, her body her body, and both are hers to keep.

....


21.b
He haunts these empty halls
He doesn’t know why he’s here
Behind bars afraid
With freedom afraid
Lost in his head though he never sleeps
He cries out to me in my dreams
With slow, yet précised and rapid strums of strings
I wake and press my eyes to bleed
These memories of lost heart’s seeds
Of things I thought would be but knew they weren’t
Of things I fought to be but desperately new they couldn’t
And now I’m free and love fully of my own, so easy to achieve it
I pray you find a new home to haunt, I truly mean it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment